CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Not Half Bad

So..
Its the day after we went for the shang di procession..
And I realized.. it aint as half as bad as I thought it might be..
Everything went fine, I forgot a few songs,
Got messed up playing Evening Wind by Mok during the most crucial moment
( No offense, Mok, its not like you're expected to be a Lower Brass God or something,
even if you are 'The Chosen One')
*
And..
My mum for once actually came to see her son
Instead of calling another dancing party at our house..
I can tell she really loved our band and our songs,
especially Mamma Mia..
So I think I just might have increased my chances of staying on next year..
**
All in all, it was quite a good evening,
considering how tiring the Kuching Fest parade was..
Im amazed by our band and how far its come since I first entered.
This is the reason I joined scout and then band..
*
For the memories attached to the various events and activities.
I'll never forget knowing people that have made an impact upon my life,
for better or for worse
*
Wilson Mok, The Chosen One and
the guy who actually hit the tiang (hehx)..
..A great guy, and a better leader..
*
Kho Swee Yee, our major,
..who always knew what to say, at the right place, at the right time..
*
Aelred Lee Zhen Hui, my 1st year Antac PL and current T4 TL,
It was Aelred who actually inspired me to continue scouting..
Im sorry for everything I did in 2007 Antac, I know I wasnt the best..
*
David Boon, my current APL and Antac08 APL
No idea what to say..
You touched me in ways no one else has before..
*
Desmond Ong, my Antac08 PL,
..I have no idea how to describe someone like this.
I know no one else who actually doesnt care if a guy fails and fails again,
even when it cripples his patrol..
*
Oh Wei Fung,
I knew I've given you headaches,
and I know we've had disagreements and quarrels.
But you're stil someone who deserves respect.
'nuff said.
*
Brandon Ting,
who's so unreasonable at times and yet I can always laugh around you..
*
Sim Zee Ang,
..I was awed since the first day I met you.
Though I dont know you much, Im stil proud to know you..
*
Abel Tan, who tried so hard at everything..
..Im amazed that what appears is not what is underneath..
*
and even Chang Wee Khee..
Although at times you really wanna hit this guy,
actually.. He's not half bad at all..
At least his intentions are in the right place..
*
No matter what I do, where I am,
how long its been,
I'll never forget my experience in scouting,
the people I met, knew, and came to love,
and the things I did.
**************
Its not scouting that lighted up my life.
Its the people in it.
Thanks, guys..

0 comments: